"My girl got a girlfriend"
***Before you read this POST, it is important that you come with an OPEN MIND..or at the least a curious one ;-) **
I have been researching this topic for quite some time now and LUCKILY I was able to get an interview with someone (a female) who is currently in an open relationship. Interview has not happened just yet, but i will be SURE to post..BUT FIRST
What is an Open Relationship?
Open Relationship: an interpersonal relationship in which the parties want to be together but agree to a form of a non-monogamous relationship. This means that they agree that a romantic or intimate relationship with another person is accepted, permitted or tolerated.
This BASICALLY MEANS when two (or more) people AGREE to be in a relationship and WITHIN THAT AGREEMENT ALSO AGREE that it WILL NOT BE MONOGOMOUS (aka you ain't the only I'm sexing)
Now I know some of you guys...well my girls..lol..thought i have lost my mind..but i havnt. I am SIMPLY the INFORMANT and here to educate you guys on such a TABOO LIFESTYLE. Because this is a lifestyle, choosing to randomly enter this kind of relationship on a whim will be unsuccessful.
Now here are the Basics...as simply put as i can.
Multi-partner, Hybrid, and Swingers.
Multi-partner - is the most "common", when parties are are in a relationship two ore more and may or may not be having sex with everyone in the relationship.<<--this is the one i will be referring to in my blog.
Hybrid- ONLY ONE PERSON in the relationship has sex or relations with other people. While the other person remains monogamous ( in our world this is called cheating lol)
Swingers- Singles or couples have sex with other people for fun. Its their thing.
Now that we know WHAT AN OPEN RELATIONSHIP IS....heres to answer the question..WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SOMEONE WANT TO BE IN ONE?
WELL, AFTER DOING EXTENSIVE RESEARCH I HAVE COMPRISED A LIST OF THE TOP 5 BENEFITS OF AN OPEN REALTIONSHIP. (not in any particular order)
1) NO MORE CHEATING!! : Because "technically" we agreed it was ok. In our "normal" world CHEATING is one of the BIGGEST..if not THE BIGGEST issues failed monogomous and even continued monogomous relationships face. Having an Open relationship eliminates this need/want/desire/act of cheating. WHY? Because parties are ALLOWED and it is AGREED the can see and YES, HAVE SEX with someone else. There's no creeping behind the back, no having to delete text, emails, no making up excuses of why you got home late, no guilty feeling. Just simple "hey babe, I'm with sally/bob tonight. do we have any condoms left. Ok Great. See you soon. Love you". <<--yeah. just like that.
2) SATIFIES SEXUAL NEEDS : We live in a world where SEX sells, ruins makes and breaks people. It is a gift and a curse all in one. AND BECAUSE WE ARE SUCH A SEXUALIZED CIVILIZATION NO ONE WONDER PEOPLE ARE BECOMING MORE AND MORE "FREAKED OUT" for better lack of words. Especially now (i blame 50 shades of grey lol). This FACT has caused many peoples sex drive to sky rocket....while others are still just putting the key in the ignition. Unfortunately there are couples who are not on the same SEXUAL LEVEL...and some are not willing or not able to get on the sexual level of their partner. ..causing many times in the monogomous relationship for that party to look elsewhere to be satisfied. Once more, open relationships gets rid of another culprit that tends to long in monogomous relationship. if not satisfied or if just curious, within an open relationship you can always meet someone else in order to satisfy your sexual desires.
3) BRING COUPLES CLOSER TOGETHER: As crazy as this might sound to us "normal mind folk" i have read and in my findings discovered that many people in open relationships have said it brought them closer. HONESTY IS THE KEY TO HAVING AN OPEN RELATIONSHIP. Having everything in the open and having and understanding of each others needs creates a sense of security and trust. You develop a deeper appreciation for your partner and value the time and moments you guys do spend together. Surprisingly having the option to "step out" eliminates the desire to, causing some open relationships to in fact be monogomous.
4) ALLOWS FOR PERSONAL GROWTH: I know you guys probably like "wtf she talking about, i don't need to be in a relationship to grow"..<<--and you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. YOU DON'T. However, the fact is MANY people get into relationship before they truly understand and KNOW WHO THEY ARE. They get so wrapped up with their partner (especially my females) and become "one" they forget about themselves. Being in an open relationship takes this away. You can still grow because you are not only concerned about your partner and your relationship. you are able to have your freedom and DO AS YOU PLEASE..while getting to understand WHO YOU ARE. Explore your sexual varieties and still be involved in your own individual interest without always having your partner there.....how monogamous relationships are. It keeps your sense of independence.
5) YOU WON'T GET BORED: In open relationships there is rarely a dull moment. You know that excitement you get when you meet someone new. you guys really click and you get excited hearing their voice ,or even seeing their name pop up on your phone. Anticipating the next time you are going to see them. Now imagine you being able to experience that WHENEVER you want and YOUR PARTNER is OK with it. Sounds crazy right? Well many open relationships love this perk. It keeps the relationship exciting. Meeting new people Doing new things and getting to share it with your loving, caring, understanding, honest and OPEN PARTNER.
Many of you are probably reading this and still like HELLLLL NOOO...Yet i KNOW that somewhere in the back of your mind an incy wincy part of you is curious..and just wants to know how does this work?
HOW DO YOU START THIS TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP?
WHAT ARE THE NEGATIVE SIDES?
DOES THIS WORK?
Well......ALLLLL YOUR questions will be answered in NEXT POST. This will be a 3 PART Series including the interview. But as you wait for the next portion...just a question i would like for you to ponder on....
WOULD YOU PARTICIPATE IN AN OPEN RELATIONSHIP IF YOUR PARTNER PROPOSED????
and before you say NO......think..
All are welcome to leave comments with answers to this question...Stay tuned for Part Deux :-)